Alesia joined the Blackman & Sloop team in 2014. She serves as a manager in the firm’s assurance department where she works primarily with nonprofit clients. Alesia is considered the go-to person at the firm for both Uniform Guidance and Yellow Book audits.
Alesia is a determined and dependable professional who strives to provide high quality service to her clients. She attributes her career success to both her willingness to teach others what she knows and her commitment to being a team player. She was inspired to pursue a career in accounting by the stability and balance that the life of a CPA offered, as well as the variety and challenge of the work involved.
Raised in Portsmouth, Virginia, Alesia currently resides in Durham, North Carolina with her husband, Jason. She loves the area for its personality and diversity. In her free time, Alesia enjoys reading, music, and spending time outside gardening.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – North Carolina #39215, Virginia #42280
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certified
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Old Dominion University
- Master of Science in Accounting – 2010
- University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Art in Foreign Affairs – 2006